Create Raving Fans by leading and encouraging Team Members to consistently execute all tenets of Second Mile Service (2MS), Operational Excellence (OE) and Creating Emotional Connections (EC). At Chick-fil-A, our values challenge us to put our guests first, to communicate with clarity, to be responsible for our decisions as we work together and strive for continuous improvement and stewardship. The Training Team Leader leads our training program, leads a team of trainers, our team standardization, and reports to the Directors. They are dedicated to executing a level of excellence in raising up leaders and team members to provide great quality food in an extremely safe environment with exceptional fast service. They oversee both the kitchen and front trainers and have a depth of knowledge for operations and system building and implementation. The Training Team Leader has a direct responsibility for the team’s execution of our core values: Guests First, Strive for Excellence and Care Wins. They drive culture by integrating new and existing team members to our culture of care.
- Oversee a particular function of the restaurant (see below) while working your scheduled shift.
- Execute operational excellence for themselves and the trainer team
- Creates and enforces restaurant standards of operational excellence
- Builds a culture of food safety
- Seeks to develop young leaders into trainers and encourages them to grow both personally and professionally
- Ensure and maintain an exceptionally clean and organized restaurant through useful and purposeful systems
- Works with Operator and other Directors to build and execute store goals and business plan
- Exemplify Our Culture Statement “To Inspire People to Take Good Care of Each Other”
- Builds the pathway for how our store is operated by teaching
people the right way from day one
- Provide leadership support to the AM/PM manager on duty while including them in decisions that impact the business and customer experience.
- Ensure and coach Team Members to consistently follow all Chick-fil-A processes and procedures.
- Shift management – breaks, communication, call-off management, discipline, reward & recognition
- Consistently coach and mentor team members around TMDP and best practices.
- Empower, encourage and provide feedback to team members on a daily basis
- Ensure all team members on shift are aware of plan for the day.
- Ensure store is neat, clean and organized at all times.
- Train team to present food to guests with neatness and attractiveness.
- Appropriately handle all customer issues and play a positive role in customer recovery.
- Perform discipline for actions that do not meet Chick-fil-A standards as well as violations of the Team Member Handbook.
- If closing, control pre-close functions while not compromising service and food quality standards.
- Ensure cleanliness of all areas is always top-of-mind – with a focus on customer perception
- Front of the House (FOH) – Responsible for all cash management duties. Count down registers, tracking cash and coupon accountability, change fund management, Daily Report.
- Back of the House (BOH) – Follow all waste tracking procedures at all times.
- BOH – Is aware of food cost and labor cost best practices and works to implement them at all time
- Available to work a minimum of 30 hours per week (year round)/Open and/or close 4 times per week
- A superior performance and attendance record for at least 12 months.
- Director's recommendation
- Understand the expectation of Chick-fil-A customer service standards and operational excellence.
- ServeSafe Certified
- At least 6 months serving as a Chick-fil-A leader
- Outstanding communication skills
- Great verbal communicator
- Leader (track record of achievement)
- Desire for ongoing training/education
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Detailed & keenly observant
- Ability to make decisions quickly
- Ability to motivate others
- Proven history of consistently performing at a high level
- Competency in area of responsibility
- Embodies the Restaurant’s vision
- Unquestionable integrity and represents Chick-fil-A well
- Lead the business to achieve labor/food cost targets and speed of service goals
- Anticipates problems before they happen
- Passion for operational excellence in everything you do
- Responsible for money, food, labor, and training systems
A job at Chick-fil-A is more than just a job. It's a stepping-stone to a successful future in the world of business. Here are some of the great benefits of working at Chick-fil-A:
Along with a competitive paycheck, you will work in a nurturing environment where you will learn valuable business and people skills.
You probably have commitments to your family, friends, school or sports teams. We will try to arrange your work schedule around them.
All Chick-fil-A restaurants are closed on Sundays so you can have a day off to spend with family and friends.
No Experience Is Necessary
We are looking for friendly, enthusiastic people who enjoy serving customers. We will teach you everything else you need to know.
At Chick-fil-A, we believe everyone deserves an education. We offer Leadership Scholarships to eligible employees who qualify.