Background: This is a part time or full-time position budgeted between 10 - 40 hours per week. Weekly time usage is approximately divided as:
- 50% generating incremental inside/outside sales
- 30% leveraging in unit sales building and mall pad sales, promos and emotional connections
- 20% distributed seasonally to support administrative/analysis, and community
The responsibility of the Restaurant Marketing Director (RMD) is to protect the interest of Chick-fil-A and the operator in the practicing and maximizing of all unit-level marketing and sales building opportunities. Selecting marketing talent, developing marketing skills and building community is critical to their success.
The RMD is the restaurant champion for sales and brand building and public relations. In short the RMD is the “People’s Choice Mayor of the mall”. This talented individual must be a cheerleader, independent and well-organized. The RMD is a savvy a teacher7u that is energized by people and thrives in a quick-paced environment. With Sales & Brand Growth as their primary discipline, the RMD must also be engaged in these 4 areas:
- Support the vision of the operator and weigh-in heavy on the vision for sales and brand building.
- Commit yourself to personal growth and development as an RMD.
- Work closely with your operator to develop an Individual Development Plan (IDP) for yourself and for other members in the marketing department.
- Support High Performance Leadership Team (HPLT) growth
- Identify and share short-term and long-term goals at all levels in the organization
- Create a marketing plan (Annual, Quarterly and monthly) to achieve sales building goals throughout the organization.
- Recruit, select, and coach marketing team and develop to potential. As RMD your department is responsible for the hiring, coordinating, resourcing and training and development for all marketing associates, host/hostess, cow actors, samplers and social media
- Focus on the marketing development of the team
- Support TD in implementing sound individualized training and development for marketing associates, host/hostess, cow actors, samplers and social media
- Observe and provide feedback on operational results to operations in marketing aspects of the CREATE RAVING FANS Strategy.
- Address both positive and negative results and relationships throughout the organization with a focus on marketing related activities
- Work closely with leadership team and operator to develop and implement continuous improvement plan for the development of people involved in marketing.
Quality & Customer Experience
- Provide positive and negative feedback to operations in the implementation of the CREATE RAVING FANS strategy
- Foster the development of building strong relationships with our guests. Strategy and execution components consist of:
- 2nd Mile Service: exceeding Guest expectations and
- Marketing Emotional Connections
- When involved in outside sales activities observe and communicate poor OE practices to operations.
- As the chief steward of marketing, ensure all marketing-related resources (costumes, tents, coupons, food, POP etc) are clean and in proper working order
- Work closely with operator to develop continuous improvement plans enhancing the guest experience.
Sales & Brand Growth
- Work closely with operator and operations to develop and implement customer count, check average and outside sales to grow sales
- Creation and execution of the marketing plan
- Marketing Plan (Annual, Quarterly and Monthly)
- National and local marketing POP Plan
- Cow Mascot Appearance Plan
- Product Merchandising Plan
- Spirit Night and School Fund raising Plan
- Outside Sales Building Plan
- Track and analyze past sales building activities (promotions and D&G) and build on success. Use various and creative marketing tools to create maximum sales impact.
- “Chief Cultivator” of marketing emotional connections that leverages our Raving Fans Strategy
- Identify, create and use our known marketing and operational strengths and opportunities to grow sales and brand recognition
- Head scout that seeks out opportunities to share food, cows, our people and influence in our community
- Review Scorecard and Scoreboard results and communicate the significance of the scores down into the organization and ensure existing systems are in place to maximize sales and brand growth.
- Seek and develop strategic marketing emotional connections that enhance brand awareness.
- Develop and lead continuous improvement plans for sales and brand growth.
- Ensure the hiring, training, development and retention of the best marketing team through continuous training, motivation and development.
- Cultivate an atmosphere of heightened brand awareness and CFA Anywhere within our trade area.
- Oversee the prudent investment of all Unit Advertising and Marketing resources that impact the marketing P&L expense line.
- As the chief steward of marketing and brand growth, lead the restaurant leadership team to develop continuous improvement plans for maximizing Sales and Brand Growth. Consult with operator when necessary.
A job at Chick-fil-A is more than just a job. It's a stepping-stone to a successful future in the world of business. Here are some of the great benefits of working at Chick-fil-A:
Along with a competitive paycheck, you will work in a nurturing environment where you will learn valuable business and people skills.
You probably have commitments to your family, friends, school or sports teams. We will try to arrange your work schedule around them.
All Chick-fil-A restaurants are closed on Sundays so you can have a day off to spend with family and friends.
No Experience Is Necessary
We are looking for friendly, enthusiastic people who enjoy serving customers. We will teach you everything else you need to know.
At Chick-fil-A, we believe everyone deserves an education. We offer Leadership Scholarships to eligible employees who qualify.