Create Raving Fans by leading and encouraging Team Members to consistently execute all tenets of Second Mile Service (2MS), Operational Excellence (OE) and Creating Emotional Connections (EC). Shift leaders lead business operations to achieve business goals and guest experience objectives and are required to be thoroughly engaged in all business operations during all business hours, holidays, and weekends (both day and night).
- Oversee a particular function of the restaurant (see below) while working your scheduled shift.
- Provide leadership support to the AM/PM manager on duty while including them in decisions that impact the business and customer experience.
- Ensure and coach Team Members to consistently follow all Chick-fil-A processes and procedures.
- Shift management – breaks, communication, call-off management, discipline, reward & recognition
- Consistently coach and mentor team members around TMDP and best practices.
- Empower, encourage and provide feedback to team members on a daily basis
- Ensure all team members on shift are aware of plan for the day.
- Ensure store is neat, clean and organized at all times.
- Train team to present food to guests with neatness and attractiveness.
- Appropriately handle all customer issues and play a positive role in customer recovery.
- Perform discipline for actions that do not meet Chick-fil-A standards as well as violations of the Team Member Handbook.
- If closing, control pre-close functions while not compromising service and food quality standards.
- Ensure cleanliness of all areas is always top-of-mind – with a focus on customer perception
- Front of the House (FOH) – Responsible for all cash management duties. Count down registers, tracking cash and coupon accountability, change fund management, Daily Report.
- Back of the House (BOH) – Follow all waste tracking procedures at all times.
- BOH – Is aware of food cost and labor cost best practices and works to implement them at all time
- Required to be thoroughly engaged in all business operations during all business hours, holidays, and weekends (both day and night).
- Outstanding communication skills
- Great verbal communicator
- Leader (track record of achievement)
- Desire for ongoing training/education
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Detailed & keenly observant
- Ability to make decisions quickly
- Ability to motivate others
- Proven history of consistently performing at a high level
- Competency in area of responsibility
- Embodies the Restaurant’s vision
- Unquestionable integrity and represents Chick-fil-A well
- Lead the business to achieve labor/food cost targets and speed of service goals
- Anticipates problems before they happen
- Passion for operational excellence in everything you do
- Responsible for money, food, labor, and training systems
A job at Chick-fil-A is more than just a job. It's a stepping-stone to a successful future in the world of business. Here are some of the great benefits of working at Chick-fil-A:
Along with a competitive paycheck, you will work in a nurturing environment where you will learn valuable business and people skills.
You probably have commitments to your family, friends, school or sports teams. We will try to arrange your work schedule around them.
All Chick-fil-A restaurants are closed on Sundays so you can have a day off to spend with family and friends.
No Experience Is Necessary
We are looking for friendly, enthusiastic people who enjoy serving customers. We will teach you everything else you need to know.
At Chick-fil-A, we believe everyone deserves an education. We offer Leadership Scholarships to eligible employees who qualify.