HR and Talent Leader
3454 Historic Sully Way
Chantilly, VA 20151
This role is an ambassador, leader and critical component in ensuring that Chantilly Air and Space Chick-fil-A is successful in the following areas:
- Catering Execution and Growth Strategy Implementation
- Customer Relationship and Retention within Catering
- Third Party Vendor Account Management and Billing
- Human Resources – Systems, Documentation, Accountability
- General Administrative and Organizational backbone of Director Team
- Vision and Service Model compliance throughout all areas of oversight.
- Required to be thoroughly engaged in all business operations during all business hours, holidays, and weekends (both day and night).
- Develop a restaurant culture of hospitality and sales-focused team members and leaders. A culture of product knowledge, excitement and generosity. Incorporate this into training, ongoing development, communications and everyday culture. Think Zappo’s, Teavana, Apple. This is a culture change.
- Maintain vision alignment with the Operator and the leadership team.
- Participate in monthly Director Team meetings.
- Create a center of excellence for area of responsibility by creating, leading, and implementing systems that will be the standard for innovation and high performance teams throughout Chick-fil-A.
- Develop leaders in such a way that they are operating as a motivated, high performance team that embodies the vision of the business. This should be highly intentional and happening each and every day through goal-setting and regular performance feedback.
- Create, maintain and approve all schedule and shift changes among Team Members. Ensure that leaders are finding appropriate coverage for call-offs and no shows.
- Perform discipline for actions that do not meet CFA standards and execute discipline documentation for all team members who fail to meet expectations.
- Working with other directors during hiring process, completing resume screening, interviews and reference checks as necessary.
- Ensure Managers and Team Leaders are performing discipline for actions that do not meet Chick-fil-A standards as well as violations of the Team Member Handbook.
Human Resources Responsibilities:
- Assist with various Payroll responsibilities (verify time punch detail report, fix errors, input direct deposit, etc.).
- Maintain Payroll Notes excel document; enter payroll deductions as needed.
- Oversee uniform tracking/ordering/distribution.
- Distribute appropriate administrative/procedures/documentation materials to staff.
- Lead New Hire Process/Checklist/Onboarding Process.
- Oversee/Maintain Employee Policy Handbook and provide updated copies to team.
- Maintain job application email (email@example.com).
- Maintain employee files in filing cabinet (file disciplines, write-ups, etc.).
- Maintain discipline binder and ensure compliance by all leaders.
- Overall office and employee file organization.
- Assist in Employee Review system to ensure timely reviews are completely and recorded. Lead employee review schedule.
- Track first aid inventory & place order as needed.
- Receive deliveries and route to appropriate parties.
- Place monthly warehouse order as directed by Financial return director.
- Order parts from Strategic/vendors as needed.
- Oversee Store Email inbox – route to appropriate party/respond as necessary/sort and organize in files.
- Verify Status of I-9’s & Maintain I-9 Binder.
- Ensure back office computer, restaurant dropbox, and office files are organized.
- Ensure back office and catering office are organized and clean.
- Purchase office supplies when needed; keep inventory list.
- Maintain vendor files & vendor contact sheet.
- Require Tax Exempt Forms for all Tax Exempt Sales, ensure form is on file.
- Maintain select store documentation (phone numbers, labor law posters, MSDS sheets)
- Overall responsibility for Human Resources department.
- Ensure all systems are standardized – onboarding, employee review systems, etc.
- Ensure compliance with DOL – I9 compliance, etc.
- Protect the business from unnecessary risk through consistently executed policy compliance and thorough documentation of employee policy violations.
- Work with operator to ensure Unemployment claims are responded to in a timely, appropriate manner.
People – Leadership and People Development:
- Create a dynamic leadership development program for the following levels. Team Leader, Manager & Director.
- Use the ESRC (Expectations, Skills, Resources, Consequences) and SERVE models as basis for all levels.
- Serve as an advocate for overall feel of team and more complex social-emotional needs of team.
- Create a “Leadership Readiness Filter” for upcoming leaders and document. Base this on non-negotiable characteristics and performance. For example, integrity, no write-ups, humility, etc. This will be used before we move anyone into leadership so that coaching begins on a weakness before moved into leadership.
- Develop a distinct difference between the “training” of leaders and the “development” of leaders. Some training does apply – money, closing procedures, etc. But when does training stop and development begin?
- After initial program is complete, what does “Ongoing Development” look like? Create level-based Ongoing Development based on outside reading, one-on-one coaching sessions, etc.
- Assist Training in onboarding and performance feedback systems.
- Lean into Employee Performance Feedback and Review schedules to support other directors in feedback and development tactics.
- Serve as lead director on Hiring in terms of pacing, systems, and interviewing. Support other Operations Directors in hiring decision making.
Yearly & Quarterly Planning:
- Work with Operator to complete Annual Business Plan.
- Create quarterly plans based on business fluctuations, goals and needs for BOH Management Teams.
- Oversee catering team to ensure that proper planning, preparation and staffing for catering sales is met.
- Responsible for all Third party relationships and account management.
- Responsible for all accounts receivable, TBC account management and CRM maintenance.
- Be director team advocate for needs and development of catering team. Provide support and coaching when catering team needs.
- Drive sales growth mentality and encourage creativity and innovation in catering growth.
- Protect the catering customer experience by ensuring packaging, food presentation and quality is top level
- Ensure “Suggestive Selling” is taking place throughout catering team.
- Maintain and implement documentation around all catering procedures and training program for team leaders around catering.
- Ensure and coach Team Members/Leaders to consistently follow all Chick-fil-A catering processes and procedures.
- Responsible for all processes around catering ordering, deferred ordering, packaging, execution.
- Work with Catering Team management to meet goals of sales, service, and quality.
- Ensure food safety requirements are being met as catering orders are prepared for delivery and onsite.
- Appropriately handle all catering customer issues, play a positive role in customer recovery.
- Own execution of catering with orders in terms of order preparation, customer interaction and delivery of food.
- Work with Front Counter and Kitchen Leadership Teams to ensure that staffing is appropriate for all catering needs. Make necessary changes once schedules have been finalized.
- Ensure catering orders are completed adhering to CFA catering procedures/guidelines.
- Ensure timely response to all contact by customers- No more than 24 hours.
- Develop Catering Coordinator and Admin role. Oversight of all catering team members.
- Ensure Catering Van is functioning and taken care of.
- Regularly track quality of food at time of preparation and at delivery site.
- Perform regular checks of quality of service given at deliver site to create accountability for standards amongst catering team members.
- Strategic thinker, Goal-oriented, Tech-savvy
- Completed all necessary eTRAIN material.
- Great communicator both in handling difficult situations and a diverse team.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Very detailed oriented & keenly observant, outstanding communication skills
- Self-starter, creative and flexible, Outgoing/friendly
- Good written/verbal communicator
- Strong project/time management skills, Strong follow-through on assignments
- Proven history of consistently performing at a high level
2nd Mile Service is second nature, Passionate about building relationships with clients
- Unquestionable integrity and represents Chick-fil-A well
- Anticipates problems before they happen
- Able to lift 40 - 60 pounds on a consist basis
- Ability to prioritize
- Organizational skills
- Close attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- Detail orientated
- Able to work well independently and in a team environment
- Servant spirit with strong sense of stewardship
- Self-starter who completes tasks without excessive supervision
- Required: High School Diploma or equivalent
- Required: Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Bachelor's degree or above, preferably in a business or hotel/restaurant management
- Experience in teaching and a passion for excellence in training.
- This person must be skilled in time management.
- This person must be self-directed and highly organized.
- This person must have basic computer skills.
- This person must master all knowledge and skills of every position in the Restaurant.
21+ years old
Compensation: $31000-$42000 (total compensation package) based upon experience, qualifications and skill sets
A job at Chick-fil-A is more than just a job. It's a stepping-stone to a successful future in the world of business. Here are some of the great benefits of working at Chick-fil-A:
Along with a competitive paycheck, you will work in a nurturing environment where you will learn valuable business and people skills.
You probably have commitments to your family, friends, school or sports teams. We will try to arrange your work schedule around them.
All Chick-fil-A restaurants are closed on Sundays so you can have a day off to spend with family and friends.
No Experience Is Necessary
We are looking for friendly, enthusiastic people who enjoy serving customers. We will teach you everything else you need to know.
At Chick-fil-A, we believe everyone deserves an education. We offer Leadership Scholarships to eligible employees who qualify.